Tuesday, November 18, 2008

sicksies

It's bloody cold.

It's nice to know, from things like the comments on the last post, that there are people out there in reader land. I assume that some of you are lurkers, but commenting to say hi makes me want to keep on posting to say hi back :)

This post is going to be short and sweet cause it's rather late here and i'm rather sickly and tired. My fingers are in the process of defrosting. For those of you who have never lived in a cold climate (those of you like myself, spoiled and privileged to have only ever lived in sweet sweet seasonless bliss), let me give you a small window into the trials and tribulations of an LA bred, Honolulu relocated winter-that-is-actually-cold newb like me.

I washed my clothes today. In China, people have come to realize that if you wash your clothes and then you hang them or lay them outside, they will dry. Because of this, people in China do not use clothing driers (people in places like America would do well to take note of this Eastern ingenuity). Now, sloven and lazy being that i am i only washed my clothes because of a lack of both clean underwear and clean second pants ('second pants' being what the norwegian has got us what in the States we call 'thermals'). As such, tonight at 1:30am on my way to bed, I realized that tomorow i would be hard up indeed if my clothes were not dry by daybreak. This is how the 1:30am freezing cold hanging up of freezing cold wet clothing in the freezing cold courtyard came about. My fingers have never been so cold. You cannot wear mittens or gloves to hang up wet clothing. You can only use your poor, warm blood, unprotected fingers. They will never forgive you. You will type funny for a few days.

I feel like now that my readership has blossomed (kind of, sort of, a little) i should do things like follow through on my promises, go over my posts before i post them, and maybe hit spellcheck.

Instead I'm going to do things like say 'trials and tribulations' and then only give you one story, not look over my post at all with sincere conviction that i am always flawless, and shrug off spellcheck just cause i can.

love you.
jess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poppa loves you

Anonymous said...

update please!
-Liz