Thursday, April 2, 2009

My my.

Hello one, hello all. I know i've been away for a few days now, but what can i say? I'm just so busy, too busy to spend my time in front of a little screen.

Now, you may say to yourself , "what the hell. I thought she was unemployed. how is she so busy? She's a liar, that Jessie! a liar!!"

And my response is, you want to know what I have been so busy with? I'll tell you.

This month is Jessie-doesnt-eat-things-she-doesnt-cook-month. So i know what i'm eating. All the time. As a vegan, distrustfulness of eating establishments is part of my nature. Coming right down to it, as a person living in China distrustfulness of eating establishments is part of my nature. So now I'm taking matters into my own hands. And bowls. And spoons. Something I've tried to do before, but I'm commiting to now. In front of all you. And my roommates. And the stray cat we've taken in. You are all my witnesses! In this same vein, it is also Jessie-doesn't-spend-over-33-kuai(about 4.50 dollars)-a-day-month. You may think this helps your argument (because you, dear reader, are now engaged in an argument that you had NO IDEA you were entering into when you started reading this) that I'm lazy and have nothing to do, because what could someone possibly do on 33 kuai a day, but it in fact supports MY argument (hoho!) that i'm sick busy. Now I'm busy walking/subwaying/busing/bike riding it everywhere. And scampering around for the best deals. And scampering in general.

In addition to these things, I've started studying taijichuan with my roomie Scott. Now we go to Beihai park (largest, oldest imperial park in China) and get our asses kicked by taiji masters every other day. I forsee a few months of crippling thigh pain in the future. It's been less than a week and after my daily workout I can barely limp back to my room. Discipline! Thighs of steel, here i come. To add to the coolness factor, the master we study with is a direct, thats right, direct descendant of the original Chen family, and he's teaching me the pure Chen style. As though this makes him better than someone from a different country who was equally dedicated and possessed equal patience and wisdom. Which is doesnt. But it does make him sound cool.

Everyone go 'OooO'.

I've also started practicing Reiki. Everybody's doing it, right? No, in all honesty, I met a really awesome teacher who is getting me going on not only Reiki but Qigong as well. I'm excited to start Qigong. I'm just really happy in general. And I'm getting healthy and active and all kinds of fabulous things of that nature. So i'm busy. Busy utilizing all my time in productive ways. Studying. Taiqi-ing (you may have noticed various spellings of Taiqi/Taiji through this post. you may do your own research and pick the one that you like best when you want to start typing it out.). Reiki-ing. You know, the general awesome-ing that you can dependly expect from Jessie.

Oh, I forgot the naked tanning on our roof. Cause it's warm enough, unless the wind is blowing. It's important to ensure my poor, malnourished and mislead vegan body receives adequate nutrients. Serious!

And with that, I love you all and I'll talk to you soon.

Jess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

anything naked is cool in my book... kk

Anonymous said...

Crazy naked vegan! If you came home it would always be warm enough for naked time:) love you and miss you -K

jenny aj said...

hahaha that post made me think about the one time when i was all hippie and loving the world and nature and shit while i was shrooming.

good times.

<3

Anonymous said...

i remember when you were a baby with yellow skin and i had to let you be naked outside all the time
poppa