Thursday, November 19, 2009

My, it's hot.

Come one, come all to the magical mystery tour.

So far I've been in Trichy for about 3 days, and a packed three days theyve been. People, sights, smells, sounds, everything. I'm sitting now in one of the city's few internet cafes, a tepid room filled with about 20 old desktops and a rather surly propreitor. Because the keyboard im using makes me irritable (its not condusive to typing very quickly!) I'm going to be brief with this one, and promise more later.

During the time I've been here I've been camped out at The Modern Hindu Hotel (pictures when i can) a modest but clean establishment frequented by those indians working in abu dabi, malaysia, indonesia, etc, who need to come back to india to get visa renewals. it's the cheapest place i could find, and theres a certain threadbare honesty that i like. It might be a bit tough, but i also feel safe- as long as i don't show any weakness. You know, like prison. Ha.

The room is maybe 8 ft by 8 ft, with an attached bathroom- the kind that has a raised squat toilet (yay! just like beijing: ah, homesick already) and a spigot jutting out of the wall at a height of about 4 feet- just tall enough for me to fully squat under to wet my body before soaping. No hot water, not electricity between 11am and 5pm, and no cleaning service (or towels, or blankets, or toilet paper...) but i'm very comfortable anyway. Everything i really need it has; clealiness, running water, a place to sleep off the ground, and a lock on the door. So really, I'm golden :)

What else to say? Tonight I'm on a night bus to chennai, and tomorrow evening im off to Delhi- from there to our real goal of rishikesh, where on Dec 3rd I'll be starting a yoga intensive with Kamal of Tattvaa Yoga. Let the growth begin!

when I'm settled i'll post next, and lengthier, and in more detail, and hopefully with pictures.

much love from your cuz
Jess

No comments: