Sunday, July 13, 2008

All my muscles hurt and i've eaten too much, i'm very tired and would greatly like to go to sleep.
Alas and alack, i've got a presentation to prepare.
And now that i've checked my email, myspace, facebook, each and everyone of the vegan blogs i read, and looked up the most popular traditional remedies for yeast infections (i recommend the garlic, not the yogurt), i'm going to bother you all on here. Let's make a list.

Random Mildly Entertaining Things That I'm Putting in a List

1. I've learned the importance of toilet paper here, as well as become a toilet paper thief. I'm sure we're all aware of the differences between eastern and western toilets (excepting japan and their propensity for combining water fountains and human excrement), but you may or may not know that in China toilets do not supply toilet paper. Neither does my dorm- at least, not on a regular basis. The result of this is if i happen into an establishment that has rolls stocked in their bathroom, i take them. Depending on the size of my bag, i take two. Hell, my new messenger fits six. Thats right, six. Self preservation at it's best.

2. Australians don't know what Cheese-its are. In addition to this, you will only realize how ridiculous 'Cheese-it' sounds when you're trying to explain it to someone who's never been exposed to it before.

3. As far as the country of china and all of it's inhabitants are concerned, I'm french. I don't even like making people guess where i'm from anymore, because invariably the answer is 'France'. The hell?

4. In china, it's ok to call someone the day after you met then and ask to see them again. There is no 'i cant call the next day even though i want to because then itll seem like i have nothing better to do when in actuality all i want to do is call even though i do have better things to do' syndrome. And that is both off putting and cute.

5. People in China are exactly the same as people in LA. As in, I met a guy who dresses exactly (EXACTLY) the way an ex of mine dresses back home. Same brands. Same colors. Same music. Creepy.

6. In Beijing, I am safe wandering the alleys at any time of the night. Safe. As in, my new favorite past time is hutong wandering in the middle of the night, and i don't even bother to bring my knife. I feel safer in a dark alley in beijing at 3 in the morning than i do in most of LA at 12 in the afternoon. Sexy.

7. If you say you can sing, theyll make you sing. Don't say you can sing.

Now that i review that list, it really wasn't that entertaining. Whatever, it's two in the morning and i can't be funny all the time. Love you!

jnessie

No comments: