Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lovely.

Andrea Gibson has one of the most impactful voices I think I've heard. Full, strong, and wielded like the weapon a voice with passion and intellect to back it can and should be. She's amazing, and seeing her live at Girlfest Honolulu is something I get all misty just thinking about. I can't even listen to her recordings without getting all emotional- and I can't watch her perform without getting all kinds of conflicting things- joy at seeing her, extreme unprecedented attraction, solidarity, pride, horrible horrible unprecedented attraction, and all of it mixed up with a dab of unrequited love. She's pertinent, she's throbbing with life, and she's one of our strongest voices continuing to spit reactionary truth in the faces of the establishment and the plastic wrapped completely irrelevant entertainment of today. Take a gander (please, leave the geese.) This is what i saw live.

EDIT: Here is where I was going to put a video from youtube of Andrea preforming her piece "For Eli". Unfortunately, China doesn't want to let me access youtube at the moment so I can't. Please go look it up yourself, if the government of the country you are accessing the internet from is lax with these kinds of allowances. Seriously. Do it.


(after watching -isn't she unwholesome amounts of attractive? violently, beautifully, gorgeous?)

<3

No comments: